Subscribe to San Antonio Mom Blogs’ newsletter to get our
Top 3 Free Recommended Events for Families each week:
As a Zoo Troop blogger, I receive free admission to the San Antonio Zoo and other perks and experiences throughout the year, including attending a recent preview of Zoo Boo. However, all opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands, nonprofits, and initiatives that support San Antonio Mom Blogs!
The San Antonio Zoo Boo is back and it’s better (and longer) than ever! My eight-year-old son and I attended a preview of Zoo Boo and you’re going to love everything it offers this year for kids 12 and under, especially the fact that Zoo Boo is now FREE for Zoo members! Take a peek at our video preview and then, below, find out the five reasons we think you should take your kids to Zoo Boo!
1. Zoo Boo is free for members and it’s included in admission for non-members.
Are you a member of the San Antonio Zoo? Then you and your family can enjoy Zoo Boo for FREE! And, for those who are not members, your ticket price includes most Zoo Boo activities. There is a small charge for a few activities for both members and non-members (painting pumpkins, carnival games, the carousel, and the train ride). But the majority of activities at Zoo Boo are included at no additional cost.
2. Zoo Boo runs all day (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) during five weekends (Saturday and Sunday) in October.
Take advantage of the gorgeous October weather to spend time with your family at Zoo Boo. Now that our hot summer season is over, the animals are out and more active than ever. And, Zoo Boo offers so many fun, non-scary Halloween activities for kids 12 and under.
3. There’s trick-or-treating!
On your way into the Zoo be sure to pick up your special Zoo Boo trick-or-treat bag at the gift shop (or bring your own bag or bucket) so kids 12 and under can collect candy at 20 trick-or-treat stations throughout the Zoo from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
4. Costume contests are offered twice daily.
During Zoo Boo, kids 12 and under can enter costume contests at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
5. Fall and Halloween photo backdrops.
Do you love family photos in the fall? The San Antonio Zoo offers a wide variety of special photo spots that are perfect for fall and Halloween. Be sure to bring your camera to capture your cuties in their costumes.
Here’s the schedule of activities for Zoo Boo:
- Hay Maze and Monster Mash begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Pumpkin Painting and Halloween games will begin at 11:00 a.m.
- Costume Contests will be held at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. by the Beastro Restaurant.
- Trick or Treating throughout the zoo runs from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Head to the San Antonio Zoo during any weekend in October for non-scary Halloween family fun!
And, don’t miss: