This post is sponsored by Shop2Care. Thank you for supporting the brands that support San Antonio Mom Blogs!
Raise your hand if you’ll be shopping online this holiday season. My hand’s raised HIGH, y’all. I love shopping online to avoid the traffic, crowds, and craziness during this festive time of year. But what if online shopping had another benefit? One that cost you nothing extra but helped feed hungry people in our community?
Did you know: in Bexar County and our 15 surrounding counties, over 500,000 people go hungry every year?! That’s a staggering number. The San Antonio Food Bank works to feed 58,000 people each week, but they can’t do it alone.
Now, with Shop2Care, a new, easy-to-use app, you become a philanthropist every time you shop at any one of 1,000 participating online retailers (including Amazon, Best Buy, Expedia, Macy’s, Walgreens, Nordstrom, Home Depot, and so many more!). When you use the Shop2Care app or website, you’ll be donating directly to the San Antonio Food Bank each and every time, at no additional cost to you.
How does it work? It’s easy!
Download the Shop2Care app
I’ve recently tried Shop2Care to show you how easy it is to use:
- Download the Shop2Care app for free in the App Store for IOS or in the Google Play Store for Android. Register (using Facebook or by creating your login) and enter enrollment code SAFB.
- Visit Shop2Care for the San Antonio Food Bank on the Web.
- Shop, throughout the holiday season (and beyond!) at more than 1,000 of your favorite online retailers. You’ll find them easily by name or by category
- Shop2Care turns retailer rebates into donations, at no extra cost to you.
- 100% of the rebates generated will be donated to the causes you care about
When you use Shop2Care for your online shopping, each shopping generated donation dollar will provide seven meals to San Antonians who go hungry – at no extra cost to you!
Each person can make a difference, and that difference can make an impact on the 58,000 people we serve each week. We ask you to encourage and invite co-workers, family and friends to visit the website or download the Shop2Care App, shop, and give back this holiday season. Shop2Care has made it so easy to help a family in need in Southwest Texas through this simple and innovative program.”
– Eric Cooper, San Antonio Food Bank President and CEO
This holiday season, avoid the crowds, get your shopping done online, and make a dramatic impact on the fight against hunger in San Antonio with Shop2Care.
Follow Colleen Pence and San Antonio Mom Blogs: